Sunday, May 31, 2015

Change

Change is inevitable. It occurs sometimes when you least expect it. Other times is comes on gradually and before you know it, the change has happened.

When I was little and we moved to a new home I always spent some time at my Grandparents' farm. As a child that wonderful place never changed. My world was turning upside down but Grandma & Grandpa Burr were always the same. Though it didn't stay that way. As the years went by and my grandparents got older my cousin took over the farm and my grandparents went home to be with the Lord. 

As I look back on those years of my life I realize now that my Grandparents taught me that above all the change there is one thing that always remains consent - God. He is never changing, the same yesterday, today, & tomorrow. 

Geoff and I know of change. God is always keeping us on our toes. We have two adult children and every parent knows that change happens almost daily, we are about to become Grandparents, and to put the icing on the cake we are now moving.

Geoff has accepted a call to Hillsborough Baptist Church. He will begin there on September 13, 2015 as their Senior Pastor. Change has happened. The next three months will be filled with "see you laters" and "hellos", packing and unpacking, stress, tears, hugs, and joys.

Though my life is turning upside down God remains the same. He is with me now and will continue to be with me as we move and begin another ministry. That brings a comfort to me that is greater than anything I've ever know before. 

So, bring on the next three months. With God I can do all things!

3 comments:

  1. Blessings on the move and saying goodbye. May God, through Christ help you as you accept His call to Hillborough

    ReplyDelete