Monday, June 8, 2015

To my Son on his 20th Birthday

My Dear Sweet Ben

Remember when you crawled around the house with your bottle hanging from your teeth.

Remember when you bounced in your jolly jumper for hours and hours.

Remember when you walked around our couch on your tip toes as you learned to walk on your own. (By the way you still walk on your tip toes!)

Remember when you started school. You were so nervous until you saw your classroom and realized it was the same classroom your sister had been in.

Remember that massive tree fort Opa, Uncle John & your dad made. With a zip line and everything.

Remember the day you tried to run away and you realized that there was no place to go but home. You call it the day "God made you smart"!

Remember climbing the apple tree in our yard. You would climb to the very top and just sit there and contemplate life.

Remember the day you said "I think I need to write my will!"


Remember when you played the bumbling "Tom" in the high school play. Then the next year you went on to play the lead role in Aladdin.

Remember when you began University and carried around your Psychology text book and read it like a novel.

I remember. But most of all, I remember that day 20 years ago when God gave us you. The doctor said "It's a boy" and my first thought was "Thank you God, my family is complete." Throughout the last 20 years you have blessed us with your humour, your deep thoughts, your beautiful singing voice & your intelligence.

I pray that this year God will fill you with so much love and joy that you will be overflowing.

I love you my precious Ben
Happy Birthday
Mom

1 comment: