Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Is Your Life a Roller Coaster or a Ferris Wheel?

I once spoke at a Ladies' Retreat. My topic was entitled "Stop the Roller Coaster! I want to get off!" At the time many people I spoke to told me that they felt as if they were on a roller coaster and they were getting sick with every up and down of their lives. I can relate!

Lately, however, I have felt that my life is like a Ferris Wheel. Going around and around in one circle making me dizzy and disoriented. Maybe that's because 4 months ago I had a very serious procedure done on my heart and I'm still recovering. Every time I go to do something I think I can handle - oops dizziness or a migraine hit and I'm down for the count for a day or so. It's frustrating. I'd like to get up and move, exercise (more than just walking), & get my list done. (Women have lists, men. Mostly of things you'll have to do but sometimes they have lists for themselves and the need to get them done is very strong.) 

Some people say "Oh Debbie, you have your whole life ahead of you! Slow down and enjoy it!" I recently heard a line from a movie that fits how I feel about that statement "You have what's left of your life ahead of you." I want to get out there and go right now but I'm stuck in this Ferris Wheel until I'm healthy enough to jump off and get on the roller coaster. 

I may regret saying this but I'm actually looking forward to the Roller Coaster. God has wonderful things in store for me and for my family. Don't get me wrong, God is using me as I spin on my Ferris Wheel. He uses us wherever we are. However, it would be nice to get out there and do more, but until then - around and around I go on my "lovely" Ferris Wheel.  Weeeeeeeeee.   

No comments:

Post a Comment