Saturday, March 28, 2015

Becoming a Grandma

My daughter is going to bless us with our first Grandchild. A little baby to hold and cuddle with. A little person to introduce to life.  But most importantly a little person to spoil rotten!

My favorite memories of my childhood where going to Grandma & Grandpa Burr's house. There were always freshly baked cookies ready for me to eat up. Playing with my cousins outside. Sitting with my grandparents, aunts & uncles on the front lawn watching the cars drive by. Podding peas, eating cucumbers right out of the garden. Hearing Grandpa yell "Close the door we're you born in a barn" 

One of the best memories ever is one that was hardly talked about. It just happened day after day. My Grandparents never said the word "Good-bye". It didn't matter if you were leaving their home or hanging up from a phone call. They just didn't say the word.  I asked my Grandpa later in his life why he never said "Good-bye" to me. This man, who said very little but what he did say was full of wisdom, looked at me and said "When you are a child of God there is no such thing as Good-bye". Even during my last visit with my Grandpa the word "good-bye" was not use. Instead my Grandpa looked at me and said "I love you". Best memory ever!

My grandchildren will not hear the word "Good-bye" from me. They will hear "I love you" all the time!

I can't wait to be a Grandma. I was taught by the best!